Ada Alden has been working with parents for thirty years, holds advanced degrees in education and behavior analysis, and is a nationally certified family life educator. She is an adjunct professor in family studies at the University of Minnesota and St. Cloud State University. She consults with school districts, works with teachers on parent involvement and effective teacher-parent relationships, provides training for Head Start staff and child care providers, and speaks to groups of parent employees and staff in various business and health care organizations. Ada shares insights with religious organizations, policy makers, and corporate administrators about investing in the well being of children and their parents. She has testified at the Minnesota State legislature, serves on the board of Ready4K, and is past president of the Minnesota Council on Family Relations. Her comments about family life are sought by radio, television, and newspaper representatives.
Ada reviews parenting books and writes columns for local newsletters and newspapers. Her book, Parenting on Purpose: Red Yellow Green Framework for Respectful Discipline has been well received throughout the country. Ada is the proud mother of two outstanding adult women, and with her husband David, she is half of an enthusiastic and adoring grandparent team.
University of Minnesota:
- Doctor of Education
- Master of Arts - Education
University of California at Long Beach:
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Family Life Educator
- Parent Educator License - State of Minnesota
- Behavior Analyst Certificate - University of Minnesota
- Currently Department Chair, Child & Family Studies, St. Cloud State University
- Past Director Family Educational Services - Eden Prairie Public Schools
- Adjunct Professor- St. Cloud University and University of Minnesota
- Former Director of Early Childhood Family Education Programs - Edina, Hopkins, Osseo Public Schools
- Author, Parenting on Purpose: Red Yellow Green Framework for Respectful Discipline, Crane Publishers 2004.
- Columnist - Eden Prairie Sun Newspaper, Family Informational Services
- National Family Life Educator, providing training, seminars, workshops
- Minnesota Council on Family Relations
- Minnesota Association for Family and Early Education
Selected Presentations and Workshops
As a nationally recognized family educator, Ada provides in-services and staff training for professionals and practitioners in a variety of settings, and speaks to groups of parents with children of all ages, about numerous aspects of parenting, school, and child development.